Want to try sewing a potholder?

 My creative elf is constantly urging me to try my luck at sewing potholders. 

May be . . . . more appropriate to call it : 

The Potholder Collection. 

I had various ideas in mind : like using printed fabric; applying Piecing technique or Applique technique but for now I resolved for the simplest one - using printed fabric. 

Materials used :

Cotton printed fabric and matching plain colour fabric;

Interfacing ( especially for the fabric to be embroidered );

Double wool batting 

Bias binding

Method used:

All cotton fabric was interfaced for more stability. Embroidered the lettering with my embroidery machine (but you may even hand embroider it, if you wish to).


Quilted both sides of the potholder with light green thread.




Embellished the top part, just under the lettering,  so as to keep it secure in place.



Attached both sides together and sewed all the way round with red bias binding.



Now it is ready to be wrapped up and gifted for Mother's Day. 

Next time I will show you a more simple potholder.  

Until then, I wish you all a beautiful day.

See You Soon!












Comments

Popular Posts