Cooking time ...

Yesterday I made some almond tarts and with the remaining pastry I included also jam tarts and some biscuits...


Here is my reciepe ...... 

For the pastry:


    400 g self raising flour
    100 g sugar
    100 g margarine or butter
    2 eggs
    rind of an orange or lemon

Sift the flour.  Rub in the margarine until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the sugar and the orange rind.
Finally add the eggs.
Leave in the fridge for not less than 15 minutes.


For the filling:

    200 g pure ground almonds
    100 g sugar
    125 ml water hot water
    Almond essence
    rind of an orange

Dissolve the sugar in the hot water, add the ground almonds, the orange rind and the essence.
Mix together until a paste is formed.
Leave to cool.

I used 106 mm diameter foil tins and made 8 almond tarts.
With the remaining pastry I made 2 jam tarts and some biscuits.





Bon apetite! 





Comments

Popular Posts